Today I am asking you to lend a paw.
Scottish Badgers is a charity very dear to my heart. The European Badger is a firm favourite of British wildlife fans, yet due to traffic accidents, snaring, baiting and misinformation about them spreading TB to cattle, they are regularly under threat.
Scottish Badgers works hard to protect the Badger from the threats we present by:
- being politically active, and keeping on top of laws that may help/hinder the badger population
- surveying across Scotland, to discover and monitor badger populations
- by assisting the police and Scottish SPCA in investigations involving crimes against badgers
- by educating the public on the wonder of Scotland’s largest apex predator
My love affair with the badger began two winters ago. I am a volunteer with my local park ranger service, and we were due to conduct a survey. However our plans were interrupted as the the team surveying the night before came across a sett that had been dug down and used for badger baiting.
That really got to me. I couldn’t understand how anybody could do such a thing.
From that point, I have done my best to actively support the work of Scottish Badgers.
And now I need you to help out!
On Sunday 9th of May, I will be taking part in the Glasgow Women’s 10 K Run … while dressed as a badger. And I am looking for people like you to sponsor me!
If you would like to support me, and Scottish Badgers there are three ways to help:
1) You can go to the Charity Choice website and donate directly to Scottish Badgers.(Please message me to let me know you’ve done this!)
2) You can ask for my paypal address and donate. After the run, I’ll write a cheque for the full amount.
3) You can share this link around and spread the word!
* * *
Donations so far:
Total Paid: £170 ♥
Total Pledged (payment pending): £67
Grand Total: £237